Cloud-Based Managed IT Services
Have you ever considered moving your business to the cloud — or wondered what the "cloud" even is? A lot of companies offer cloud consulting services, but not many tell you exactly what that means. Whizkids is here to be clear about cloud management and how it will help your business.
What Are Cloud Services?
When it comes to the management of your IT infrastructure, traditionally, the business is responsible for managing all hardware and software the organization uses. With this structure, businesses utilize their own servers at their location (on-premise) and are solely responsible for adding, changing, or removing resources for each user.
If your organization’s infrastructure is more traditional, it’s likely that way for one of two reasons. The first is if the organization uses legacy core applications or older technology that cannot be easily migrated to the cloud. The second reason is if the organization has not considered the value and benefits associated with cloud solutions.
Cloud services and support include any services we can offer through the internet to manage your IT infrastructure in new ways. Instead of having servers at your facility, you can use the internet to access applications and data stored on our servers. Whizkids will take care of the back-end tasks such as monitoring and management, so you don't have to.
Benefits of Cloud Services from a Managed Service Provider (MSP)
Our cloud solutions offer the following benefits:
- Scalability: Rather than purchasing and installing expensive upgrades yourselves, Whizkids can handle this easily and quickly for you based on your organization’s changing needs. This frees up your time so you can focus on running your business.
- Reduced IT Costs: Costs associated with system upgrades, new hardware, security, and ongoing user maintenance are eliminated and included in your contract.
- Continuity: Having data stored with Whizkids Cloud services provides greater protection and business continuity in the event there is a natural disaster, power failure, network failure, or any other crisis. Data stored in Whizkids Cloud is backed up and protected in a multi-zone, secured facility. The ability to access services and data quickly also increases business productivity.
- Collaboration: Collaboration in Whizkids Cloud environment enhances the ability to communicate, collaborate, and share more easily outside of traditional ways. Sharing records and data in our cloud environment is quick and secured to accommodate your business needs.
- Flexibility: Whizkids Cloud services allows employees to be more flexible in their work practices, providing them with the ability to quickly access services, applications, tools, and data from their virtual office at home, in the office or on the road.
- Greater Security: Regardless of your organization’s industry or size, one of the biggest concerns businesses have today is data security. Whizkids follows industry-specific security protocols and compliance standards to safeguard your business's data. Whizkids cloud services offer a higher level of data security by implementing baseline protections such as authentications, authorizations, access control, encryption, and tightened access to sensitive information.
Cloud Services from Whizkids
Below is a list of cloud managed services that Whizkids offers. To benefit from these services, all you need is a device and access to the internet.
Desktop as a Service (DaaS)
DaaS delivers cloud based virtual desktops available all the time. You access them through software, or a web browser as long as you have internet.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
IaaS provides compute resources such as data centers, network security, servers and storage that can be scaled up and down according to your company's needs, with pay-as-you-go or fixed infrastructure for various services delivered from a secured tier 4 data center.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
PaaS provides an environment for infrastructure such as hardware and software tools allowing you to create and deploy applications with ease over the internet.
Managed Application as a Service (MaaS)
MaaS allows Whizkids to manage the operation, maintenance, versioning, upgrading, scaling, and active administration of an application throughout its life cycle.
Communication as a Service (CaaS)
CaaS is an enterprise communication service which provides business with communication services over the internet. These services include VoIP, instant messaging, collaboration tools, and videoconferencing.
Monitoring as a Service (MoaaS)
MoaaS provides a method of reviewing, monitoring, and managing various components of your infrastructure whether it is a dedicated on-premise or cloud based. MoaaS confirms the availability and performance of websites, servers, applications, and any other infrastructure services.
Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
DRaaS serves infrastructure and dedicated capacity for an organization in times of a disaster. The service can be a part of customer’s infrastructure, critical application, or sensitive data with continuous replication.
Database as a Service (DBaaS)
DBaaS allows users to access and use a cloud database system without setting up their own hardware and software database. This cloud service offers direct connectivity to a database in Whizkids cloud over a high-speed network connection. Whizkids takes care of upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery ensuring the database system remains secured and accessible at all times.
Cloud Service Migration
Cloud service migration is the process of moving your on-premise data and applications to a cloud network. Whizkids is a cloud migration service provider with experts who will ensure the migration process is simple and clean, and your data is accessible right away in the cloud.
Public, Private and Hybrid Clouds
With Whizkids’ cloud solutions, you can simplify your in-house IT infrastructure, eliminate traditional IT barriers, free up space on servers, and remove network room clutter. We will work with you to determine if a public or private data center would work best based with your organization’s structure and business needs.
There are three different types of cloud networks:
- Public: The public cloud makes resources available through the internet. With the public cloud, you can benefit from unlimited scalability (go from 30 to 300 employees quickly) and a huge network of servers which protect you against failures. This option is best for enterprise businesses who scale frequently, or who mostly use web-based applications.
- Private: The private cloud makes resources available through the internet as well, however you will benefit from a dedicated environment that is not shared publicly with other organizations, and the ability to customize your cloud environment to fit your business needs. Private cloud is best for businesses with high-security needs (such as sensitive financial or client data), and for cost-conscious businesses who do not have a need for unlimited scalability.
- Hybrid: Depending on your structure, you may also benefit from a hybrid solution, which is a combination of private and public cloud.
How Do I Know if Cloud Services Are Right for My Business?
Many businesses can easily start using cloud services for their data. Though your main concern may be data security, working from the cloud is actually more secure than on-site servers, especially when you partner with Whizkids.
Utilizing the cloud to deliver service management solutions offers value to businesses in many industries, including:
- AEC: Cloud solutions for architecture, engineering, and construction firms enable efficiencies when it comes to mobility, security, and managing large files.
- Healthcare: Cloud managed services allow healthcare workers to stay connected to patients outside the office and make it easier to take care of administrative tasks, such as making referrals.
- Education: Cloud services offer access to the latest technology, which is necessary for schools to provide the best experience for students. Teachers can send assignments, administer quizzes, and students can find everything they need for classes on their devices.
- Finance: Cloud solutions for the finance industry will take care of essential tasks while improving communication with clients.
Try Our Cloud Services
If you interested in cloud services but are not sure where to start, Whizkids can help you understand your options and implement the cloud solutions that would best benefit your business.
Contact our team today to learn more about cloud services. Let’s work together to get your data, applications or entire infrastructure to the cloud — call 612-454-0401 or complete our contact form.