Whizkids Cloud Services
A lot of companies offer cloud services, but not many tell you exactly what that means. We’re here to be clear about what we do and how it will help your business. Cloud services are any service we can offer to you via the internet. Below is a list of services that Whizkids offers via the cloud; all you will need to benefit from these services is a device and access to the internet!
- Desktop as a Service (DaaS) | Virtual desktops that are accessed via the cloud.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) | Compute resources provided via the cloud.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) | Hardware and software tools delivered via the cloud.
- Managed Application as a Service (MaaS) | Applications delivered via the cloud.
- Communication as a Service (CaaS) | Voice, video, and messaging provided via the cloud.
- Monitoring as a Service (MoaaS) | Infrastructure monitored via the cloud.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) | Software hosted in the cloud.
- Data as a Service (DaaaS) | Data that is stored and accessed via the cloud.
The Value of Moving to the Cloud
When it comes to the management of your IT infrastructure, traditionally the business is responsible for managing all hardware and software the organization uses. With this structure, businesses utilize their own servers at their location (on-premise) and are solely responsible for adding, changing, or removing resources for each user.
If your organization’s infrastructure is more traditional, it’s likely that way for one of two reasons. The first is if the organization uses legacy core applications or older technology that cannot be easily migrated to the cloud. The second reason is if the organization has not considered the value and benefits associated with cloud solutions.
Utilizing the cloud to deliver these services offers value to businesses in many industries.
- It helps your organization scale. Compute resources such as memory, speed, and power can be easily added, changed, or removed to quickly accommodate your organization’s changing needs.
- It costs less than traditional IT management. Costs associated with hardware upgrades and ongoing user maintenance is eliminated.
- It's secure. Whizkids follows industry-related security protocols and compliance.
Public & Private Cloud Solutions
With Whizkids’ cloud solutions, you can simplify your in-house IT structure, eliminate traditional IT barriers, free up space on servers, and remove network room clutter. We’ll work with you to determine if a public or private data center would work best based on your organization’s structure and what’s most important to you.
With public cloud, you can benefit from unlimited scalability and a huge network of servers to protect you against failures. Public cloud is best for businesses with high-volume, low-security needs such as those who use web-based applications.
With Whizkids’ private cloud, you will benefit from a secure environment that is not shared publicly with other organizations, and the ability to customize your cloud environment to fit your business needs. Private cloud is best for businesses with high-security needs such as sensitive financial or client data.
Depending on your structure, you may also benefit from a hybrid solution, which is a combination of private and public cloud solutions. Whizkids is here to help you understand your options and smoothly transition you to the solutions that makes most sense for your business.
Contact our cloud services team today to move your data, applications, or entire infrastructure to the cloud.