Whizkids recently developed and implemented an extensive COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan within our organization in order to safely resume work. Our goal is to continue performing work on equipment and devices as well as on-site appointments that were previously not considered essential. While the plan is comprehensive and includes numerous policies for our team to follow, we have extracted the information most applicable to public interest which is outlined below.
The following protective measures are in place for employees who perform physical work to a client’s hardware:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, utilize an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or rub that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Put on a company-provided face mask. Ensure your mask completely covers your nose and mouth and that there are no holes or damages.
- Put on your company-provided gloves. Ensure there are no holes or damages.
- Use company-provided sanitizer to sanitize your workspace prior to beginning work.
- If you need to utilize tools or your PC during the work, sanitize those items as well to avoid the transfer of particles from one device to the other.
- Perform the work required on the hardware.
- Upon completion of the work, a copy of our “Handled With Care by Whizkids” notice will be included with the device and returned with the device to the client.
- After you are done handling the item, safely store it until it’s ready to be returned, or package the item (if it will be shipped) to ensure there can be no transfer of particles upon removing your PPE.
Handled with Care by Whizkids Notice
We will include a notice with all hardware we handle stating the following:
This device was handled with special care. Our technician carefully followed the Whizkids Hardware Setup Policy which outlines protective measures including:
- Sanitization of workspace and hands prior to handling your device.
- Sanitization of their workstation and tools prior to handling your device.
- Utilizing company-provided latex gloves for the duration of the work.
- Utilizing a company-provided face mask for the duration of the work.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Whizkids has provided the following PPE for employees who attend on-site appointments or who handle client equipment:
- Face Masks
- Disposable Gloves
Whizkids has instituted the following policy for working with our clients at their place of business:
- Technicians scheduled for on-site work are required to fill out the “Whizkids Health Check” survey before arriving to the location. This survey asks about the employee’s overall health status, any potential recent contact with a COVID-19 patient, and requires they record their temperature. If any questions are answered unfavorably, the employee is restricted from performing the work and the job will either be reassigned to another technician or rescheduled.
- Technicians scheduled for on-site work are required to adhere to the same guidelines as outlined in the “In-Office Policy” and the “Employee Responsibility Policy,” while utilizing the appropriate PPE as outlined in the “Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Policy.”
Whizkids has instituted an updated Sick Policy for employees, effective immediately. If an employee becomes ill, we want them to feel comfortable taking time off to recover without worrying about their PTO balance. If a Whizkids employee exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for the virus, or learns they have been in contact with someone who tested positive for the virus, they have the option to borrow PTO to cover their recovery period followed by the full 14-day quarantine period. We strongly believe no employee should work while sick due to lack of PTO.
- CDC – COVID-19 Info and FAQs
- State of MN – COVID-19 Info and FAQs
- Should I Get Tested?
- Where to Get Tested in Minnesota
Please note that these are fast-moving times and the information provided is only accurate as of the day posted. The information provided does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information is prepared and provided for general informational purposes only. Whizkids may modify this plan frequently. If you have any questions concerning this plan, please contact us.